Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Ghoul Presents: Top 5 Most Anticipated Movies for the Rest of 2021

 Ghoul Presents:

Top 5 Most Anticipated Movies 

for the

Rest of 2021

I know it's been such a long time since I've done a list and the pandemic has affected how we watch movies but having rekindled my love for movies after watching the classic; Casablanca and having watched a handful of Humphrey Bogart movies I decided to return full-time to the past time of writing about movies with the plan to be more consistent on posting on this blog as well as coming up with something new and creative. 

For the most part, I don't have any 2021 movies that I've seen lately outside of The Suicide Squad but thankfully I have a lot more to say on the movies that are coming out within the next four months and so without anything else to add; here's my top 5 most anticipated movies for the rest of 2021.

DuneThe story of Paul Atreides and his journey as he becomes the prophesized chosen one. Directed by Denis Villeneuve and starring a stacked cast led by Timothée Chalamet as Paul, this movie was supposed to come out in October of last year but due to the pandemic, it's been rescheduled for an October 22, 2021 release. Having read the novel by Frank Herbert I've been looking forward to this one ever since it was announced back in 2017 just before Villeneuve's Blade Runner 2047 came out. Dune has been considered unfilmable over the years but since Hollywood technology has vastly improved it's finally time to see this hero's journey come to life.

The Lost DaughterMaggie Gyllenhaal's directorial debut is about a middle-aged woman named Leda who while on a Greek vacation becomes obsessed with a young mother Nina and her daughter Elena which brings up the troubles of her past. Another movie with a stacked cast starring the likes of Olivia Colman, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Paul Mescal, Oliver Jackson-Cohen and Ed Harris. I am currently listening to the audiobook and while most of it takes place in Leda's head I am quite excited to see how Maggie Gyllenhaal has decided to film the movie with regards to direction. Directorial debuts from actors may seem like vanity projects but they could also be hits and from what I've been reading this is a hit. The movie is set for a December 31, 2021 release on Netflix.

The Power of the DogI'm not a big Bendedict Cumberbatch fan but I do love westerns and have never seen a Jane Campion movie in my life so this one is up my alley and while the reviews for this have divided critics I am willing to give this movie a chance let alone for a movie that has Radiohead's Jonny Greenwood composing the score. Charismatic rancher Phil Burbank inspires fear and awe in those around him. When his brother brings home a new wife and her son, Phil torments them until he finds himself exposed to the possibility of love. A front runner for the awards season next year the movie is set to start streaming on December 1, 2021 on Netflix.

SpencerI know Kristen Stewart has been in better things since Twilight, and like Robert Pattinson I am so glad that she is because I think her acting is great from what I've seen in Welcome To The Rileys and while it's the only other Stewart movie I've seen outside of Twilight I can't wait to see her take on the role of Princess Diana who was quite a role model for me as a child. Jonny Greenwood also scores which would be an interesting double-nomination for him come the awards season as well as director Pablo Larrain who last helmed 2016's Jackie. The movie takes place three days in the life of the late princess as she decides to leave Prince Charles. The movie is set to premiere on November 5.

Cry MachoClint Eastwood once again stepping behind and in front of the camera and from the synopsis and the trailer sound and look like nothing I've seen him do. A one-time rodeo star and washed-up horse breeder takes a job to bring a man's young son home and away from his alcoholic mom. On their journey, the horseman finds redemption through teaching the boy what it means to be a good man. This is completely up my alley and a different take on the western genre full of gritty men (and sometimes women). The movie is set for a September 17 release.

No comments:

Post a Comment